Friday 12 August 2011

PJ Harvey has announced to perform a concert at London's Royal Albert Hall

PJ Harvey has announced to perform a concert at London's Royal Albert Hall on October 30.

Wimbledon Championship tickets online

The concert to mark the very first appearance at this historic place will cross and will see her performing with her live band of Mick Harvey, John Parish and Jean-Marc Butty.

The performance will made up of material from her most recent album 'Let England Shake', which is recently the favourite to win this year's Mercury Music Prize.

PJ Harvey recently spoke to NME and called most modern music "largely unoriginal".

She added: Everybody is different in that way. I'm not saying there isn't great work existing now - for many people there is - but for my own personal taste there's nothing that really grabs me and makes me want to go out and do more investigation into this music.

She went on to say:

I feel much more inspired by other avenues of artwork these days, personally. I find theatre very inspiring. I might get great inspiration from going to exhibitions, but very rarely do I feel stimulated by a piece of music from contemporary artists.

Royal Albert Hall show tickets go on sale on 12th August today.

No comments:

Post a Comment